Image Map

Friday, December 24, 2010

Blessings to all and a...



Merry Christmas 

I cherish every comment, every kind word , and every one of your talented blog posts. I am always grateful for the decorating tips, the recipes, and the random glimpse into your lives.





Thank you to all who stop and visit me. 
It's been a short year since I started this blog and I didn't realize it was possible to meet such lovely women online. Your repeat visits put a smile on my face.
And that's truly a gift.


The snow continues to fall here in Chicago. 
I know that I'll be grumbling about it in January...
but for now I'm finding it peaceful.


As always, please remember Lisa in your prayers.



Every Christmas I think of my late brother and this poem. 
He was an English professor and kept a framed copy of this in his office. 
When he passed away my mother placed this in her kitchen, 
and there it remains.



"Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening" 

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

                               ~Robert Frost