Image Map

Friday, June 25, 2010

Rain Showers, Wedding Showers, and Raccoons...

I'm hoping today is fairly rain-free! Everything looks a little sad and water logged here. Lisa will be stopping by for some poolside girl chat, and it would be nice if the weather cooperated.
Last night was Julie's bridal shower...Julie is marrying my nephew Christopher this August! We'll all be driving to Appleton, Wisconsin for the big event. I remember reading that Appleton was rated one of the best U.S. cities to reside in, so I'm excited to visit. We're counting the days until the wedding, and we had a great time last night...




This is Julie gearing up and flexing those muscles, to open the mounds of gifts awaiting her!!




(This dress is gorgeous!...she could get married in it!!}






And it's always a sweet moment when the groom pops in...






...and quickly exits!
Why are these men so afraid of large groups of women bearing gifts?


Julie with her lovely Mom and Mom-to-Be!


The food was amazing, but it's the dessert that makes me the happiest...






{All my girls!}


So...on the way home MollDoll insisted on driving. I remember hating the way my mother drove, so I wasn't too insulted...we all become our mothers eventually!
Unfortunately we had an unexpected meeting with a raccoon. Needless to say, he didn't live to talk about it. Moll was a little upset, and I told her about the first squirrel that got in the way of my 1976 Camaro many moons ago. This really didn't make her feel better, but she'll get over it. 
Life's just full of surprises.


Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. at first I thought it was her wedding dress! Love it!! looks like a good time by all! :>) I love weddings.

    ReplyDelete