Image Map

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tarpon Bay...

Lisa and I had a windy time on Tarpon Bay Beach today...
It's a good thing we had some hearty sandwiches, otherwise we may have been blown away. This was not an umbrella-friendly beach day.

Happy Trails Roast Turkey Sandwich
{makes 6 sandwiches}

1-12oz container of whipped cream cheese at room temp.
3-4 scallions, chopped
12 slices of pumpernickel bread
1 cucumber, sliced thin
2# sliced roast turkey breast
6oz sliced swiss cheese {I use more}
5oz {2 cups} of alfalfa sprouts

Combine cream cheese and scallions, spread on each slice of bread..




Place cucumbers, turkey, and swiss cheese on 6 slices of the bread, top with alfalfa sprouts and cover with remaining bread slices...


Wrap 'em up tightly!

{I seasoned them with Jane's Crazy salt and some dill, otherwise they're too bland for me...you decide}

Here's the rest of our beach day...











We'll be heading home tomorrow...hopefully in time to sign our taxes.
I miss Big Daddy and my too fat to fly husky Ozzie...
Lisa is facing more chemo, so please say a few prayers for her...






"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
-George Moore

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I LOVE your photography!!! You are very talented; did you take a photography class? Or did you teach yourself? I also love how often you post on your blog...your stories are fun to read. Anyways, I'm a HUGE new fan of your blog! Have a great rest of your week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    Thanks so much for your kind words. I never took a photography class, I only started taking pictures (other than shots of my children)when I received a Cannon Rebel xsi for Christmas.
    I'm just having a great time with it!

    ReplyDelete