Image Map

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Look... Giant Topiaries!


Yes, I am growing topiaries!

The deer have spent numerous hours this winter noshing on my evergreens. Big Daddy loves to say things like, "Don't worry, they'll grow back" and "I can see them starting to fill out"...The man is in denial about his landscaping, so I had to call in a professional {actually two}.

I now have it in writing..."...damage is too extensive to support future growth".


Obviously all the "evergreen wrapping" didn't stop the deer from feasting.


{What it did do was confuse Ozzie who does his best leg-lifting in this area}.

I told someone I didn't think it would work...but I'm just the woman...I know precious little of the great outdoors...I should stay inside and cook.


So it looks like my eighteen year old evergreens are done...dead...over.
I presented Big Daddy with my official landscaping diagnosis, and guess what he said...I bet you can guess...sure you can...

"I didn't think they'd grow back, oh well...let's replace them, but I don't want to spend too much...make sure you get a couple of estimates"

I 'm sure you can guess what I said.


No comments:

Post a Comment