Image Map

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tummy Troubles?


Maybe you should try a Pineapple and Ginger Smoothie!






I've had a few tummy issues throughout the years.
I'm hoping my latest surgery will be my last surgery, and I'm doing my best to eat healthy. 
This isn't easy for me.
I am a junk food junkie, so eating well has always been a challenge for me. 


I hide Cheetos in my nightstand, next to the red licorice.


My good friend Amy is a believer in Chinese medicine and she loves to push ginger my way.
But ginger is an ugly root
It's not considered a fruit or vegetable. It's a rhizome. 
Anything that cannot be classified as a fruit or vegetable worries me. 


But Amy knows best. 
(She's also married to my doctor and lives next door and reads my blog.)






So this morning I started my day with a Pineapple Ginger Smoothie.
I know you're reading this Amy, so you owe me a pat on the back.




Here's the recipe...


Blend 1 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces, 
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled & minced,
1/2 cup of low-fat plain yogurt,
1 cup of pineapple juice,
1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon,
1 packet of Splenda (optional but highly recommended),
1/2 cup of ice (if using fresh pineapple)

Serves 2
(156 calories, 1 g fat, 4 g protein, 34 g carb, 2 g fiber)









Enjoy.
It really was good!
And I am not lying. Amy doesn't scare me much.











1 comment:

  1. That actually sounds really good. I am a total sugar-holic and need to change my eating....

    ReplyDelete