Image Map

Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's a Shower!!




It was a lovely day for a Bridal Shower!




Carolyn's family hosted a beautiful party at Quartino's in Chicago. 
The air was crisp, the sky was clear, and the food was fantastic. 
Of course the company wasn't too bad either.




Carolyn is marrying our LawyerBoy this December.
I won't mention how it seems like yesterday he looked like this...





Truth be told, I don't believe I'll ever look at him and see an adult.
Every mother of a grown child knows the feeling.
Let me wipe my nose, and then we'll move on.


The food was fantastic...


Chef John Coletta is the talent behind this beautiful restaurant.

He's even wrote a COOKBOOK for those who'd like 
to try their hand at Italian cooking. 


Carolyn had a little chat with him, and told him how much we enjoyed our meal.




Please note...the above picture is not a napkin,
it's an apron!!



{Maggie loves aprons}


{I believe she took mine}


Did I mention that the food was fantastic?










Just like every shower, the mountain of presents looked insurmountable.
But Carolyn did her best and moved right along.
{I believe she may have been practicing}











Pam and Jenny kept the party going...




{How I wish I had sisters!!}




{Especially pot-clanging, fun sisters!}




{Or sisters who can wear these tights!}




Sheila put her artistic talents to good use
and creatively saved all the ribbons...




And just in case you're wondering what could be better than sipping wine while the bride opens her presents..!?




...munching on chocolate fondue might be the answer.


I did choke up a bit when my little boy joined the party.
But that didn't last too long...I know he's in good hands.






It was a beautiful day.










"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."


  ~Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

  1. Maribeth, what a sweet post! And so fast! We're so glad the Napleton girls had such a good time. Thank you for taking such lovely pictures of Carolyn's shower. The food pictures make me hungry - they look like you styled them!

    ReplyDelete