Image Map

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pasta Tuesday..

I thought I'd cook for Lisa today...so I glanced through my recipes...

{yes, I have them in binders!}


I decided on Baked Pasta Fagioli, I'm not sure when or where I found this but it's a healthy favorite...






Baked Pasta Fagioli

8 oz. whole grain penne pasta (I used regular mostaccioli)
1T olive oil
1 med. onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed with press
1 can (28oz.) crushed tomatoes in puree
2 cans (15oz) small white beans, rinsed and drained
1 C. vegetable broth (I used beef broth)
pepper
1-10oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 C. grated romano cheese (I used asiago and parmesan)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cook pasta 2 minutes less than label directs...reserve 1/4 C. pasta 
cooking water.
In pan, heat oil on medium and add celery and onion, cook until tender, add garlic and cook another minute.


Add tomatoes and puree, beans, broth, and 1/4 tsp of pepper
heat until boiling then stir in spinach.


Drain cooked pasta, return to sauce pot, add bean mixture, reserved cooking water, and 1/4 C. of the cheese, toss until well mixed. Transfer mixture to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake 15min until center is hot and top is golden


{sprinkle more cheese on top...one cannot have too much cheese}




And...Chocolate chip cookies are always a nice touch.



1 comment: