Image Map

Friday, March 12, 2010

Comfort Food and Great Smelly Stuff...

I've been finding (and cooking) some great recipes from... beantownbaker.com
She posted a macaroni and cheese recipe from Alton Brown that looked yummy.
And I'm going to make the "Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes"...the name alone gives me inspiration.{These cupcakes are from SmittenKitchen.com but are also posted at beantownbaker.com}


I thought Lisa might tolerate this after today's chemo so I turned it down a notch...





Stovetop Mac and Cheese

1/2 pound elbow macaroni
4T butter
2 eggs
6oz evaporated milk
1/2 tsp hot sauce (I used 1/8 tsp)
1 tsp kosher salt
fresh black pepper
3/4 tsp dry mustard 
10 oz shredded sharp cheddar (I used mild cheddar and mozzarella instead)

In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook pasta to al dente and drain.
Return to pot and melt in the butter, toss to coat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard.
Stir into the pasta and add the cheese.




Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.






I'll be leaving her "Thursday Surprise" on her doorstep. I try to make very little noise when I stop over, but her Cairn Terrier {Palmer} has the nose of a bloodhound and the bark of a beagle.       
He's cute though.

Guess what's in "Thursday's Surprise"...?

Bath Bombs!!



{Lisa loves her baths..I'm guessing this is where she escaped to when her three young men were little guys} I remember those "please let me bathe" days....I took baths while my children wrestled like a pack of monkeys on the other side of the door, that was relaxing. As they got older they passed notes under the door for me.."I hate Mikel"... "Are u dun yet?"....  "Jerry thru up on the carpit
Now I can soak in the tub for days and no one would know...and I do not miss the crayon notes much.

Lush has the best smelling stuff. During college my daughter Maggie lived in an apartment next door to one of their retail stores. Maggie had the best smelling alley in the city! I wonder if she and her friends ever searched the dumpsters for discarded Lush products? I would have...I would gladly ignore pride for free stuff. 


lushusa.com/shop






3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Just popping in from Friday Follow to be your newest follower! Hope you can come follow my blog!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mac and cheese was just delicious and I am looking forward to my bath.
    Love Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was cracking up when I read "I hate Mikel"... "Are u dun yet?".... "Jerry thru up on the carpit"

    hahaha perpaps b/c I can totally picture this all happening!!!

    That Lush store looks AMAZING!!! Reminds me of The Basin at the Disney Marketplace!!!

    -LOVE your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete