Image Map

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chemo Thursdays....on Friday...

My friend Lisa will be returning today from her much-needed trip to Florida. She postponed her chemo until tomorrow, so today is not a  "Chemo-Thursday". I'm happy she was able to enjoy the warmth of the sun with her family. I'm sure she'll return a little sad, but I believe that the best way to get over a finished vacation is...to plan another one!!






There are always so many excuses as to why we can't do things. We have a mental order of importance that applies to everything we do. Lisa has so much on her plate that jetting back to Florida is low on her list I'm sure. But I've done my research and one cannot underestimate the healing powers of sunshine... 





She's doing what she can to beat this once again, and I sincerely believe that will happen. She has a wonderful family and a slew of supportive friends...she just needs to walk in the sunshine {literally}...and I am going to make sure she does just that...of course I may have to join her so she doesn't get lost..{private joke, she's the navigator not I}


So keep that bag packed...




"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."
 -- Voltaire



...let the amusing begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment