Image Map

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our Summer, Part One...





...it was busy!



In May we decided to list our house.
We had no idea where we wanted to go, but we knew it was time for a change.


For twenty one years we called this house home
But once the kids left it was just a place with way too much space.
So we decided to list it, thinking we really wouldn't sell it.
I wasn't very motivated.

I paid way too much attention to the people who walked through it.
To be honest, I wanted to personally choose the family that would take over our space.

I was a stalker.
My neighbors let me park in their driveways while we watched the potential buyers walk through my door.
I was very slightly judgmental.
I wasn't nice. 

I imagined them looking through my drawers, using the bathrooms, 
opening my refrigerator, and commenting on my lack of nutritious food.

::sigh::

I wanted a nice group of people to move in and enjoy the pool.
We couldn't just sell to anyone. 


I worried about too many things.
What about the deer? I'm sure they'd miss me. 
Would they find enough to eat!? Would the new buyers be hunters? 


Yet I still wanted that change we kept talking about.

And then the Kilcoyne family arrived...on a cloud of fairy dust.. beautiful children...grandparents you want to hug...and a dog.
Pinch me now!

And as if that wasn't enough, we found out that these wonderful people who were going to love our house, were related to my husband.
Really?!

Damn. 
Here's the keys!



The packing was challenging but we got it done.


That's all for now!











2 comments:

  1. I have just been going through something quite similar. My husband decided to sell his business in Idaho and take a new job in Texas. We bought a wonderful house here in Texas but our wonderful 100 year old cottage in Idaho would have to be sold and I had to sell my Mom's house too as she would be moving in with us. First I sold my Mom's house to a friend of mine who had been admiring Mom's house for years. Then my own neighbor told me that her elderly dad wanted to buy my house. It was a match made in heaven and we close on our house in 2 weeks. Moving can be sad but somehow everything works out for the best and the places we loved will soon be loved by others. Every happiness to you in your new home and adventures.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home. I can see why you went through so many changes when it was time to sell. For many years, you've probably poured your heart and soul into making that house warm, cozy and inviting for your family and I'm sure it showed. I am also an empty nester and I know how challenging life can be. It's hard to let go. I try to remind myself that it must have been just as difficult for my parent's... especially mom... when my siblings and I married and started families of our own. Our children many years from now will go through the same thing. In other words, life goes on. Just remember Mary, we'll get this... one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete