Image Map

Monday, November 12, 2012

Forgive me...




I've once again done the unthinkable.
I've ignored Thanksgiving, and jumped on the Christmas train...





When I was younger I dedicated a month to each Holiday.
Halloween began around the last days of September, and it ended promptly on the morning of November 1st.
The scary stuff was tucked away, and the turkeys and the pilgrims settled in with the Halloween pumpkins and gourds.
An easy transition. 

I did not think about Christmas until Black Friday.
I was never much of a B-Friday shopper so I spent all day creating a Christmas wonderland. IN ONE DAY!!
And I did this while four children ran amok.
    


Of course, things have changed around here. I'm sure my age has everything to do with it.
I don't move as fast as I once did. Ladders scare me now.
I still climb them but it's been years since I've reached the top rung. 
And I just can't decorate as quickly as I used to.


This year I've only given Thanksgiving ten days to shine.
I'm not going to apologize.
It haunted me that all my Christmas decor was waiting downstairs, calling to me for attention.
I couldn't sleep. 
So I began to mix it up a bit.
The gourds and pumpkins remained, but little by little I added some Christmas.


Truthfully, I added a lot of Christmas.
And it looked a little confusing.
Garland and red berries do not mix with pumpkins. It made me uncomfortable. 
So, I'm sure you know what happened.


Today on the 12th of November, all that remains to honor Thanksgiving is the above pumpkin. 
I don't think the Thanksgiving police will come knocking.
(If they do, I'll serve them egg nog)

Christmas has arrived. And I'm thankful.














HoHoHo




3 comments:

  1. Well it sure does look pretty! :-) I still wait til the day after Thanksgiving to start decorating for Christmas and it usually takes me a week to get it the way I want it. This year I'm aiming for two days, max, and simplifying things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I love having the twinkling lights on as long as possible, but I hate having them on after the holiday!
      That's why I start so early!!

      Delete
  2. Pretty Christmas bokeh! I'm feeling the itch early this year, too.

    ReplyDelete