Image Map

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Party on...



It's been a long time since I was twenty-one.
Really...?
Oh stop! 
You really think I look young!?
You're so sweet...


Excuse my fantasy conversation with Bruce. It happens every now and then.




::sigh::










We headed down to The Bend this weekend to celebrate the MollDoll"s 21st birthday. 
It was a little snowy, that dreaded lake-effect snow!


It was pretty though..




Yes, she did turn the big 2-1 last Monday. 
We all know that turning the big 2-1 means a date with legal alcohol.
And when your big day falls on a Monday, you need to celebrate again on the following weekend...
especially when your entire family is coming to visit and bringing their Visa cards love.




I have to say it...times have changed.


My parents never saw me drink. 
Even now my Mother believes I'm allergic to alcohol, and the amber colored liquid in my wine glass is apple juice.
My mother is Italian, but she never really liked wine. 
That meant I wasn't served that sweet, syrupy wine all the Italians drank each night with their pasta. 
My grandmother did enjoy the occasional glass though, and I remember her always trying to sneak me a sip. 
She shouldn't have bothered.
Yuck.


We threw MollDoll a little party at Kildare's





Earlier in the week she was concerned that I may not be able to stay awake and hold my own. 
I am known for wearing jammies before 9pm.



I managed to stay awake long enough to soak up a little one-on-one time with my kiddies. 
It's no secret that my life has had some huge changes, it's not easy getting used to an empty nest. 

But I'm fine with it. Fine. Just fine.

I've learned to enjoy every minute when we're altogether. 




LawyerBoy and I discussed a few things, and he still seems to think he knows more than me.
I'm not sure I'm old enough to have a son in his thirties, but I do.
I'm going to have to start lying about his age.

So now all of my children are of legal drinking age. 
This really isn't a warm and fuzzy milestone for me. 






All it means to the BigDaddy and I is that our sweet little MollDoll can sit at a bar and chug a few. 
I think she's smart enough to embrace moderation. 
Waking up with a throbbing head gets old pretty quickly.




I'm proud to say that my other three children have learned that lesson. 
Some took a little longer for the lesson to sink in...but I won't name names.




We had a great time.









Molly enjoyed the company of her good friends...




...and I enjoyed the fact that this was one party I didn't need to clean up after.










"If you are young and you drink a great deal it will spoil your health, slow your mind, 
and make you fat - 
in other words, turn you into an adult."
  ~P.J. O'Rourke












3 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful sense of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing catchup (again!) First how exciting that Lawyerboy will be piping in the parade! And happy bday to your youngest. We have a little over a year until all of ours are legal. sigh. This post made me laugh!! You have a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete