Image Map

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Love Chairs...

...unfortunately Big Daddy seems to think every chair I buy isn't comfortable.
Cooper agrees.


..."you're right Dad...it isn't really comfortable"




Cooper: " I don't know why she keeps buying uncomfortable chairs!"
Ozzie: "It feels fine to me, but are we supposed to be up here?"




Cooper: "How do we get down?"
Ozzie: "I don't know, but it's best not to make eye contact"




Cooper: "Just close your eyes, maybe she'll go away"
Ozzie: "Open your eyes Cooper, she's putting these pictures on her blog!"


Now according to Big Daddy, this is the most comfortable chair in the house...


Cooper agrees...




"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society." 
Henry David Thoreau




I do love chairs. I buy them, I reupholster them, I move them from room to room. I can't stop. I think I had a large family in order to buy more chairs. I have parties so that I can rearrange my chairs, and hopefully buy new ones. 
I'm not a chair snob though...my chairs have been born at Ikea...




And some have been around since the 1980's... and morphed into laundry stations for the MollDoll...




There's rockers in Florida...




And chairs for reading (and dog-napping) here in Chicago...




And one of my favorite chairs is my Grandmother's sewing chair...very uncomfortable, but full of good memories...




And speaking of reupholstering...this poor chair has been redone four times...




...and I'm thinking about red next time.


"Everything from the little house was in the wagon, except the beds and tables and chairs. They did not need to take these, because Pa could always make new ones." 
Laura Ingalls Wilder 



There are worse things in life than loving chairs. They're useful, they're pretty, and there's so many to pick from.
And I believe we develop a love for chairs at a very early stage...




and we continue this love right up to the very end...





"It isn't so much what's on the table that matters, as what's on the chairs.”


Be kind to your chairs.




2 comments:

  1. I love that little sewing chair. How old is it?
    You take some wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete