Image Map

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Simple Dinner, and Some Prayers...




I do eat red meat!! 
I don't eat it often, but I enjoy it occasionally, especially in the summer, on the grill. I also like a little chipotle spice...just a little.


I also love salmon...this was screaming at me from the fish department. It's called Firecracker Salmon...and I added some dill. it was dried dill, I've given up growing herbs. 









Truth be told, I've given up on growing anything edible.
Over thirty years ago Big Daddy and I decided to plant something in our new yard. I chose cucumbers...I must have thought they were hardy and therefore I wouldn't kill them. I was right. They were so hardy they creeped across our small patio and tried to enter through the glass doors. I couldn't give them away! Neighbors avoided me when they saw me walking down the block with my  cucumber laden plastic bag. I became the newly married "cucumber-lady".
I was shunned...all because of cucumbers.


I only grow flowers now...no one has ever turned down a flower from my garden...although I've never really given anyone any...I'm still a little leery of sharing anything I've grown.


Anyway...I have a terrific Caesar Salad Recipe to share. I don't remember where I found it so I cannot give credit where credit may be due. We use this on salad and as a sauce for veggies...never on cucumbers...perish the thought.

Caesar Salad Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 and 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. fresh black pepper
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1/4 tsp. dried or fresh parsley

Toss all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth







**UPDATE**



Some of you may have noticed that I'm not always cooking for Lisa on Tuesdays. Her oncologist has decreased her chemo treatments {YAY!!} to every other week. She's been spending her free time in Michigan, relaxing, boating, and reading my blog lots of books.
She's still very weak, and certainly not out of the woods...things are simply slowing down a bit...So say a prayer, light a candle, or throw a coin in a fountain. Do whatever you will to send her lots of healing thoughts!


Molly continues to light a candle at the grotto...Our Lady of Notre Dame is keeping a close watch on Lisa, throughout the seasons...I hope everyone else will too.











2 comments:

  1. That salmon would have been calling my name, too. It looks like it will be so yummy. I'm also going to try to make your dressing. I love Caesar salads.

    I'll be thinking Lisa in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear Lisa is improving....and i just might have to try that Caesar dressing...looks great! Way back in my college days I had a summer job as a waitress at a fancy restaurant where I had to prepare some dishes tableside, one of which was the Caesar Salad dressing (back when I had never heard of such a dressing) and I remember it being absolutely delicious and made with a raw egg. I always wished I had written down the recipe because I have never been able to replicate it. I think it had mustard in it, but nowadays I would never use a raw egg.

    ReplyDelete