Image Map

Friday, June 11, 2010

Saturday Centus

Jenny Matlock


I'm participating in Saturday Centus hosted by Jenny Matlock.
We're given a "prompt" for the week and the goal is to incorporate these lines (shown in italics) into a story of 100 words or less. It's not as easy as it sounds!...one hundred words can be used rather quickly! Especially by a talker like me...I'm wondering what will happen if I post too many words...no recess??

YIKES!!
   
This is my very first attempt and I'm jumping right in... My mind needs a challenge!
We have until Saturday to complete the task...just post your "story" and link up!






"I settled into the comfortable movie theatre with awkward 3D glasses perched on my nose, a small tub of popcorn on my lap, a bottle of water lodged in the seat holder."
I was uncomfortable. Seeing a movie alone was outside my comfort zone. Would everyone stare, and think I'm strange? Would they think I didn't have friends? I loved 3D movies. I remember Saturday afternoons watching them with my children, but now they were grown. 
The theatre soon filled up...and then it happened.
People stared. 
I knew it! Why didn't everyone just put on their glasses and stop looking at ME?! The movie started and suddenly I felt even more ridiculous. This wasn't the 3D movie! I was in the wrong theatre. I exited, leaving behind the popcorn but taking my glasses with me.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


{I've never had the courage to watch a movie alone in a theatre. You'd think at my age I wouldn't worry about what anyone thinks!...I think I might try it this summer...maybe}

3 comments:

  1. Mary Elizabeth! So wonderful to see you here! I really enjoyed your twist on this and I share your discomfort in doing things alone like this. Perhaps I should push my comfort zone...

    Thanks for a neat link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! I have to say, going to movies by myself is actually one of my favorite things to do. It probably has arisen out of having gone with SO many people at a young age, but it's just so peaceful--you get all the popcorn and don't have to share and can see whatever you want. Just a few words of encouragement in case you do decide to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete