Image Map

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Taylor!


My wonderful, funny, loyal friend Rita was blessed with a grandchild four years ago...four years?...seems like yesterday...{but I still think I'm in my thirties so don't listen to me}...Today was Taylor's Birthday!








My son Jerry was given the honor of being Taylor's godfather. Taylor's Daddy {Bobby to me, but his "big guy" name is Rob}, and my son Jerry have been friends for ages. Don't get me started... it seems like yesterday they were playing video games and laughing like jackasses ...wait, I think they still do that...yep, here they are in Bobby's "man-cave"...
{I'm liking that Pooh blanket}






Rita's daughter Becky has decided she's my "#1 blog fan" so I felt a gift for her was in order. She was quite excited to receive a pot of the Susan G. Komen dahlias...




And I was tickled to hear she had a gift for me!...


A few months ago I was leaving Rita's house and thought I'd take a cup of coffee for the long ride home {Rita used to live across the street from me but packed her bags and moved across town. I have tried not to take this personally because she's now living in a retirement adult community.}
So getting back to the coffee...Becky sweetly poured my scalding hot coffee into a gently used, recently washed Starbucks paper cup. I'm all for recycling, and Becky is basically family so I wasn't worried about ingesting any virulent microbes...and off I went.


I drove about three blocks before the bottom of the cup gave out and my lap was full of hazelnut coffee...hot hazelnut coffee. 
Thankfully it was February and I was wearing my ultra-padded down coat. No harm done, just a mess.


So Becky gave me this today...




Thank you Becky...but I'm never leaving your mother's home with anything other than cold water...and maybe a doughnut.


Getting back to the party...




My Maggie and Becky have been friends for years...they've  spent many nights running across the street to each other's houses wearing only their Beauty and the Beast jammies. I'm thinking it was just yesterday when they looked like this...


Becky, Molly, and Maggie

But that time-thing marches on, and Maggie and Becky decided to grow up
I took these pics today while Maggie asked Becky to stand up in her wedding... Yes, the girl in the Lion King overalls is getting married. I'm guessing Becky said yes...


...or it's possible Maggie is telling Becky that I'm a stalker and she's totally embarrassed by my ridiculous blog? ...




you decide...








Taylor's 4th Birthday was fit for a fairy princess...




The big girls wanted so badly to try out the jumpy-thing...I felt I had to hang around and make sure they didn't use their "teacher-voices" and force the little children out...






Taylor was quite confused by my gift. She opened her card and had no idea what to do with this piece of paper...




Aunt Becky explained that she could take that piece of paper, go to the bank,  get money, and then go to the store and buy something...this sounded like way too much work, and Taylor seemed to think the idea was hilarious...



And did I mention that Jerry and Carolyn have asked Taylor to be the Flower Girl at their wedding?...I'm thinking she'll look quite gorgeous...


 She's got the purse...




And the book...!



So, after presents... 







ice cream...






and a tour of Taylor's bedroom...














we found ourselves exhausted...





..stuffed, and ready for a nap. It's tough to party with a four year old. I'm going to have to try some endurance training to get ready for her fifth birthday.


God Bless You on Your Birthday Taylor!!
and remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment