Image Map

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh it's...Sunday in The Sixties!!


"The Sixties are now considered a historical period, just like the Roman Empire."



While looking for pictures of my mother I came across a couple of goodies...I believe this is 1963. My mom is on the right, Aunt Olga in the middle, and Aunt Lou on the left. Aunt Olga sometimes looked off into the distance when her picture was being taken, (someone had told her it was what the movie stars did!!). This was obviously a Sunday after Mass...they hadn't started the cooking segment of the day yet...
My Mother was a wonderful seamstress and made most of her clothes on an old Singer sewing machine that was her mother's....Mom is 87 and still uses that machine. This is why her generation throws around one of their favorite adages..."They just don't make things like they used to!!"


She loved her patent leather!
{And all three of these gals truly loved their pastels...!}





And this was taken on the same day...That's me, Cousin Ron, and Cousin Pam...I love those Mary Jane's!...I remember wishing I had Pam's dress with the cool cat on it...instead my mother decided a circus theme would look better on me...damn.





I'm guessing a huge dinner was prepared that day, after the ladies changed their clothes...and Aunt Lucia took off those white gloves...notice Pam has a pair on also {although these kind of look like winter gloves!!}

Ron grew up to be quite the handful throughout his teenage years {you can tell from this pic he was headed in that direction}...but he eventually settled down, became an awesome, risk-taking, award-earning, Chicago-firefighter. He married Lynn, and had two gorgeous daughters.
Pam grew up, became a nurse and an attorney, married a doctor...moved to Florida..and had a beautiful daughter and son.

I ...oh well...I blog now...







1 comment: